Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Colour Cloud


Color Cloud was painted with  palette knife on the largest canvas I've worked on thus far. Still only 24"x 24" but for the work area and table that I have at the moment it was large and a little bit scary. Although I don't normally do requests I made a deal with a nice customer that I would at least give it a try and it did end up being fun once I got into the painting zone. Click on the painting to get a closer view if you like.:)

While painting Color Cloud I listened to The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood. I have to admit I wasn't sure if I'd be into Atwood's writing because I'd never read anything of hers before. I was surprised that this story wasn't at all like I was expecting because of it's title. The Blind Assassin was a mash up of three maybe four narrative layers that each play off of one another to build a bone chilling commentary on love, passion, trust and betrayal. Her story was well crafted and smoothly executed. Blind Assassin might not make it into my top ten but it's definitely up there and I wouldn't hesitate to read another of Atwood's books.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! I'm happy to have found your blog and love this painting. I often go to stereomood on my computer and paint with a mood in mind. It makes the entire experience even richer for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so too and yes I am glad you found my blog too! Thank you for the compliment!:)

    ReplyDelete