Sunday, June 19, 2011

ACEO





If you follow me on facebook you may have already noticed that I've started offering ACEO's in my shop. ACEO stands for Art Cards, Editions and Originals. ACEO's make owning original art easy and affordable. There are no rules for making an ACEO except that you must maintain the art piece in the size of 2.5"x 3.5" but you can make them out of anything, except food maybe? But I love them. They are so much fun to make and they've been selling pretty well too. One thing that really got me excited about ACEO's was the idea of owning my own art collection from artists the world round and the suggestion of displaying them in a giant, awesome coffee table book. ACEO's fit perfectly into the same display sleeves you would see a baseball card collection in. I need to look for some kind of three ringed scrapbook shell, put the display sleeves in it, and fill it with art. I'm not sure the next time I will be painting again ( I do still have a few drying that haven't been listed yet) for now though I am saving money on art supplies by using my oil pastels rather than oil paints so I think I will stick to it until I save up enough money  to fund a trip to Michaels again. :)

 Oh! And so I've been listening to Slaughterhouse Five on CD by Kurt Vonnegut while working on the ACEO's. I think I might still love Breakfast of Champions better but Slaughterhouse Five is pretty awesome.;)

Also, if you want to learn more about ACEO check out the information page I set up on facebook here:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ACEO/152744084798434?sk=info

♥Thanks for visiting my blog!

2 comments:

  1. I find the whole ACEO thing fascinating. Thanks for the link and description. I like the accessibility too. Oh, and if you mat them a in a super HUGE mat, it really draws attention to the art and gives you a large scale piece to hang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of matting them great idea!:)

    ReplyDelete